Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Entry No. 1


Entry No. 1
1.What is the major theme of this novel? Why is this theme important to a teenager living in 2007?
The theme is hard to determine in this particular novel for this novel is a science fiction. Science fiction novels are meant to entertain, not to deliver a deep message. However, a theme exists in every stories or novels. Therefore, the theme for this novel is that “Age is not an obstacle.” I was able to come up with this particular theme through many clues from the novel. All three of the Wiggins were perfect examples of this theme. Ender proved that this theme was true through gaining triumph over the buggers as a commander. Valentine and Peter proved their maturity through planning a brilliant plan to rule over the world and actually succeeding it soon after. All of these examples suggest that age is not an obstacle at all, to what one is trying to achieve.
This theme is important to many teenagers living in this world. Some teenagers think that they can be excused for certain wrongs they do just because they are yet too young. This is not an appropriate mindset for a healthy mental growth. However, this theme can and will change their mindset. As a young child, Ender shows tremendous maturity. He thinks and acts like an adult. He takes responsibility in all he does. And the teachers and directors respond accordingly to what he does. They treat him as an adult. Teenagers are never too young for anything. They can be treated as an adult if their acts match up to that of an adult. Teenagers should now realize that they cannot be excused for what wrongs they do…
I fit in the category of teenagers. And just like them, I think that I am too young for this and that. Yet, the theme in this novel says that this is not true. I am not young for anything. I know that God’s wants me to be someone. I may not be able to do certain things because I’m not old enough. However, that also doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t try to do anything. I should at least try my best in what I am capable of doing currently.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that this blog is excellent. I completely agree with that fact that age is definitly not an obstacle in our society. We can see young people achieving great thingsk, benefitting the world. It was hard for me to choose one theme from the several ideas that i came up with, but it is happy to see that we have some thoughts in common. Nice Yaechan!!